Monday, December 2, 2013

Dreaming of the Circus

Well....not  really,  but  that title  really  fits  the  description  of  this  post.   First  I'll  start  with  the  dreaming--nothing  to  do  with  the  circus.   It  all  started  with  this  printer's  tray  that  I  added  some  paint  to--
 
 
 
This  is  always  so  fun  for  me--looking  around  EVERYWHERE  in  my  house  to  fill  up  this  box  randomly--just  like  dreams...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
....whatever  caught  my  eye  went  into  this  tray....don't  you  wonder  where  your  dreams  come  from?--I  guess  whatever's  in  your  mind  at  the  time  is what  goes  into  your  dream....and  sometimes  I really  wonder  what's  going  on  inside  of  my  head!  : )
 
So  next  is  the  circus--I've  said  this  before--I  don't  really  enjoy  going  to  the  circus,  but  I  do  enjoy  making  circus  art.    And  I  found  a  bunch  of  these  little  drawers at  the  flea  market  this  summer--about  4 x 4--I  think  apothecary  drawers  or  something  like  that.   But  anyway,  this  is  what  I  did  with  2  of  them--
 
 
 
 
 
All  of  these  were  SO  fun  to  make!!
 
And  one  more  box--
 
 
I'm  thinking  there'll  be  more  circus  art  in  the  near  future.
 
And  changing  the  subject--I  hope  everyone  here  in  the  states  had  a  happy  Thanksgiving--we  did  and  another  addition  to  our  family  to  be  thankful  for  as  well--
 
 
My  grandson  Preston!!  He'll  be  2  months  old  next  week--where  is  this  time  going?!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Love x3 your shadow box and the circus pieces. Makes me want to head to the thrift for little treasure trinkets! And speaking of treasure, that is quite a handsome young man!

GlorV1 said...

I love your boxes Diane. Just beautifully done. I too like finding boxes like that and dressing them up. Unfortunately I don't do it much. You've inspired me and I might just do that.:) Hope your THX was a wonderful one. Take care, great work. What a handsome baby. why he looks like you a little.:)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

THESE are awesome!
And a Cute BABY ( :

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

I just love your work. The printer tray is fantastic.

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

just love your creations, so beautiful, full of whimsy and promise. And that little boy is the brightest gift of all. Happy Holidays

Laura S Reading said...

Printers Trays are difficult to find around me, and when I do they are expensive. But they can be so much fun!

Your work is fun and beautiful.

Joyfulploys said...

I don't get around to commenting very often but I love your artful creations!!! I love what you did with the printer's tray! Wonderful idea for the little drawers...all the creative ideas that you come up with are amazing! Another little grandchild to love...congrats! I wish you happy holidays!
Mary

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails